Loan Exiting

Loan Exiting

Federal Stafford Loans

Before you withdraw, graduate, or drop below half-time attendance (regardless if you plan to transfer to another school), regulations require that you complete an exit counseling session. The counseling session provides information about how to manage your student loans after college.

Exit Counseling can be completed online with the Department of Education. Click here to complete your exit

You will be able to view your cumulative loan data, specific to you, not just for loans you have utilized at HPU but at other schools as well. After you successfully complete online Exit Counseling, you will be able to print notification that you have completed the process and provide documentation to the Financial Aid Office. This information is required prior to the Financial Aid Office signing off on any Petition to Graduate for any student that has received financial aid at HPU.


Perkins and Nursing Loans

If you have received funds through the NURSING LOAN or PERKINS LOAN Program, you MUST complete a separate Nursing/Perkins Exit Loan process. These loan funds are borrowed directly from the University and ARE NOT included in the Stafford Loan Exit Counseling process. Please contact the HPU Business Office at (808) 356-5265 or by email at if you have questions about repayment or deferment of your Perkins or Nursing loans.