Veterans Benefits


Hawai‘i Pacific University welcomes our veterans with military-friendly classes, convenient course scheduling, and support services to help you reach your educational goals. The HPU VA School Certifying Officials (SCOs) are located in the HPU Military/Veterans Center on the main campus. The SCOs are responsible for certifying enrollments to the VA for students using GI Bill® benefits at HPU. Students receiving GI Bill® benefits may register for courses online or at any Hawai‘i Pacific University registration center. Students must notify their advisor at the time of registration that they intend to use veteran benefits, so that we may assist you with your course certifications. Late certifications will result in the delay of benefit payments, so it is incumbent upon the student to ensure your certification is completed properly. Please read the information below carefully.

Recipients of veteran benefits must meet satisfactory academic progress standards in order to continue receiving benefits. Additionally, federal law prohibits the certification of courses that do not meet specific degree program requirements. Students using GI Bill® benefits for the first time must first apply for the benefits through the VA’s website. When applying for education benefits, ensure the effective date is correct. If a student begins school before the effective date, the VA will not pay education benefits before the effective date.


‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at"