F-1 Visas

If you are an international student in valid F-1 student status, you may accept employment in only specific situations. ANY OFF-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT OUTSIDE OF HPU MUST BE AUTHORIZED IN ADVANCE BY EITHER AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISOR OR BY THE US CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES. Failure to obtain authorization before working is a serious immigration violation and may lead to termination of your status. For F-1 students, off-campus work authorization options are:



F-1 and F-2 VISA status holders are not eligible to work off campus without authorization. Unlawful employment in the U.S. without being reported to OISS is a violation of your student status. Being in violation may result in termination of your SEVIS record and being deported back to your country of citizenship.