Active Duty Benefits

Active Duty Benefits

The new Post-9/11 GI Bill® will cover your eligibility percentage of your tuition and fees to attend Hawaii Pacific University.  Active-duty service members are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon payments. 

To be eligible for this benefit, you must currently be on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, and you must have served at least 90 days on active duty since September 11, 2001.

Active-duty service members are not eligible for the housing stipend, but became eligible for the book stipend on October 1st, 2011.

If you prefer, you may combine your GI Bill® benefit with your military Tuition Assistance (top-up) to reduce your entitlement reduction, but your benefit will not exceed your actual tuition and fee expenses.

For more information, or to apply for benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® while you are on active duty, please visit the VA website at

In addition, you may also be eligible to transfer some or all of your benefits to your spouse and/or dependent children if you are currently on active duty or in the Selected Reserve, have served at least six years in the armed forces, and agree to serve four additional years.

Service members who have served at least 10 years or are retirement eligible have reduced service requirements, and children of fallen soldiers may have additional benefits.

Please visit the Defense Department’s website at for more information on Transferability of Benefits (TEB) and how to apply.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact the VA Coordinator at or at (808) 356-5222, or click on the links at left for more information.

‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at"