HPU Unicard

What is an HPU Unicard?

The HPU UniCard serves as the official photo identification for students, faculty, and staff and is required for several activities such as voting in student elections, utilizing the intercampus shuttle service, borrowing materials from the University libraries, entering the ATM Learning Commons, and receiving tutorial services on both campuses. It entitles the bearer to free or reduced-rate entrance to athletic events and other Student Activities-sponsored functions. Additionally, many merchants recognize the HPU UniCard for the purposes of providing discounts on various services and products. 

The HPU UniCard contains a color photo, as well as a computer-generated identification number.  All students, faculty, and staff members need to be issued a UniCard as it is the official identification card of HPU. 

Unicard Agreement Form


How do I obtain my Unicard?

New students and military campus students may go to one of the two processing locations to obtain an HPU UniCard:

  • Registrar's Office at the Student Services Center (Waterfront Plaza, 500 Ala Moana Blvd, Ste 5A).
  • Education Technology Center located on the Hawai‘i Loa Campus (Academic Center Building, 3rd floor).

Attention Military Campus Students Only:  If you are unable to come to one of the processing locations, please contact the Registrar's Office for assistance.


Students who were issued HPU UniCards in a previous term need only to have their cards validated for the next term of enrollment. A student must present his or her HPU UniCard, and HPU staff will verify registration. Continuing students attending classes on the military bases may have their ID cards validated on the base.

New faculty and staff members will have their HPU UniCard photo taken at the Human Resources Office once they have completed the required new hire forms. Their HPU UniCard will be sent to their respective department office for pick-up.

There is no charge for the initial HPU UniCard, but there is a charge of $25.00 for a replacement card. Replacement cards are only issued in the Registrar’s Office on the Downtown campus.