Post-Arrival Checklist

Post-Arrival Checklist

Please refer to the New Student Checklist to fulfill the requirements of HPU students in addition to the immigration requirements listed below



All new HPU F-1 and J-1 international students and scholars (including transfer or returning students) are required to complete immigration reporting to confirm their arrival in the U.S. and activate their F-1/J-1 SEVIS immigration records. You must visit the OISS office in person to complete this requirement.

To begin your reporting requirement:
  • Find your most recent I-94 record using the online government I-94 database > "Get Most Recent I-94" using the information found on your passport
  • Take a screenshot or print the I-94 in PDF form and send to for review

Please bring originals of the following documents to the OISS kiosk (WP 5A) in order to complete your reporting requirement:
  • Passport
  • Form I-20 for F-1 visa students or Form DS-2019 for J-1 visa students (issued by HPU)
  • Visa
  • Local address including room or unit number (even if it is a hotel, this can be changed later)

You must update your student record with any changes to your contact information within 10 days.

Update your Physical (SEVIS Domestic U.S.) Address

If you have moved to a new address in Hawaiʻi, you must update your SEVIS Domestic U.S. address on your MyHPU portal. Changing the SEVIS Domestic U.S. address will ensure that these changes transfer to your SEVIS record. Your permanent address must remain as an address outside the United States. Do not change your permanent address to a U.S. or Hawaiʻi location. You cannot use a P.O. box for your SEVIS Domestic U.S. address.

Make changes to your SEVIS Domestic U.S. address through the General Person Info > Personal Information tab located on your MyHPU portal.

If you have trouble updating your address through this method, you can also update your address under your MyHPU Portal > Student Services icon > More... > Click the link that says "Trouble updating your address? Click here"

F-1 and J-1 students are eligible to apply for on-campus jobs through the Career Development Center: Handshake - Job Search for HPU Students. International students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are not eligible for off-campus positions, jobs offered by a third-party vendor, or those tagged as Federal Work Study without prior authorization from OISS.