International Students

International Students

We understand the unique challenges that international students face when it comes to working outside of one's home country. While our team strives to find and build valuable partnerships with employers that offer meaningful hands-on learning experiences that suit our diverse student body, there are federal immigration guidelines that international students and The Career Development Center must adhere to.


  • Your visa status determines if you can work in the U.S. and in what types of situations.

  • Students on an F-1 VISA (Student Status) may be eligible to participate in CURRICULAR PRACTICAL TRAINING (CPT) which allows students to work off-campus via internships or co-ops that give them practical training in their major field of study

  • We can assist those with J-1 VISA (Exchange Visitor Status) with career advising and job search ONLY when they have received approval to work from OISS.

  • There are academic requirements that every student must meet in addition to immigration compliance.

International Student Forms