Visiting Student

The Visiting Student Program at Hawai’i Pacific University (HPU) is created for students who want to spend one or two semesters in an inviting, international environment. Visiting students will be able to enroll in a combination of classes (depending on their academic level) from courses taught in either our undergraduate or graduate level programs. There are students at HPU from all 50 states and close to 65 countries. Why wouldn’t you study abroad at one of the most diverse private institutions of higher education in the United States - where warm beaches and relaxing waters anxiously await you? That is after you finish your studies in some of the most vibrant classrooms on earth. It is what we call Pono, Kuleana and Aloha. These are just some of the valuable lessons that you will learn once you get here. Check out our visiting brochure for more information.

HPU admits students on a rolling admissions basis. There are no set deadlines. A GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4 point scale) is recommended. That being said we recommend that you apply for our fall or summer entry terms by April 1. For spring entry term we recommend that you complete your application by October 15. This allows adequate time for students to develop a course schedule that fulfills their home university’s requirements. Supplemental documentation can be submitted through the application itself or emailed.

1. Online undergraduate visiting application – includes payment of $55 application fee and $200 registration deposit (non-refundable). Click here for instructions on how to fill out the online undergraduate visiting application

2. Proof of English proficiency (for example: high school transcript, DAAD, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) For a list of tests, scores, and acceptable exemptions, please click here

3. Copy of your valid passport picture page

4. Official academic transcripts with a certified official English translation

5. Health Clearance Form (MMR = measles, mumps, rubella) – required to register for classes

6. Statement of Financial Sponsorship (SFS) Form and a Bank Statement with the amount in US Dollars. Financial documents must be dated within six months prior to the student’s entry term. We cannot issue the I-20 before receiving these documents

7. Proof of government funding in applicable (for example: Lanekassen, CSN, SU etc.)

8. Fill out and submit the following Course Request Form 

  • To see all available courses for the Fall 2019 term, please click here.
  • To see which courses have been pre-approved for Visiting students, please click here.
  • To see the Online Course Search, please click here.
  • To see Course Syllabi, click here.