Exchange Program-Korea

Ewha Womens University

About EWHA University:

EWHA Womens University offers "International Exchange and Study Abroad Program" for exchange and visiting students (both male and female). This program has been established for students who are interested in a wide-range of studies including topics on Asia and Korea, and is open to undergraduate and graduate students from any accredited institution of higher education. Students have the option to study for one or two semesters at EWHA as a non-degree seeking student. All international students enrolled in our program may register in any of the courses offered by EWHA, either in English or Korean, depending on their language proficiency.

Location:  Seoul, Korea

Website: or for more information regarding exchange: click here or here. For information on the Ewha International Co-ed Summer College go here: or for a brochure click here

Academics Available:  EWHA University is open to all majors.

Almost all courses offered at EWHA are open to exchange and visiting students. The program offers courses in various fields including studies on Asia and Korea.  Examples of 100 and 200 level courses include:  Art & Design, Art History, Asian Studies, Business, Economics, Geography, Ideology and Culture, International Studies, Korean Studies, Literature, Media Studies, Music, Politics, Psychology, Religion Social Welfare, Sociology, Women's Studies, etc.

Dates to Remember:


Application Due

Study Abroad Dates

Fall Semester

May 1 - May 31

September 1 – December 12

Spring Semester

November 1 - November 30

March 2 – July 13   

* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring. 

Admission Requirements:

  • Must have attended HPU for one semester
  • Must intend to graduate from HPU
  • Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • Must be fluent in English

Application Procedure:

  • Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
  • Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
  • Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
  • Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
  • Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application 
  • Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
  • Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
  • Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.

Health Insurance:  Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students.  HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at

Housing Accommodations:  EWHA now has a brand new dormitory complex located right across the International Education Building.  The complex consists of 3 buildings: two for graduate students called Graduate Student Dormitory A and B, one for international exchange students called the EWHA-Samsung International House. As subsidiary facilities, there are two computer labs, two laundry rooms, reading rooms, seminar rooms, kitchenettes, ironing rooms, a gym, a lounge, and a convenience store. Internet access is available in all rooms.

Currency:  The current exchange rate can be calculated online at

Visa Information:  If you want to stay in Korea more than 90 days, you are required to register at a local immigration office having the jurisdiction over the place of your stay within 90 days from the date of your entry. To register, you should make an application to a local or district Immigration office having jurisdiction over the place of your stay, either by visiting in person or by proxy.

U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and on line at You can find information about the student visa process at


HPU Study Abroad and International Exchange Programs
Hawaii Pacific University
1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: 1-808-544-9326, Fax: 1-808-544-9355

For photos and information, follow us on:
Facebook Twitter • InstagramStudent’s Abroad Blog