Summer Program at MCI

About Management Center Innsbruck, Austria:
Management Center Innsbruck (MCI) is located in Innsbruck, Austria. The city’s central location between Italy, Switzerland and Germany, is host to a number of cross-cultural influences and history. With its 35,000 students, the international conference and Olympic city of Innsbruck is one of the most popular university locations in the German-speaking area, with a rich tradition of learning, academic excellence and a vibrant student scene in terms of culture and living facilities, discourse and encounter. MCI's international orientation is achieved through consistent integration of international topics in our degree and continuing education programs, successful participation in international and European education and research programs, the emphasis on foreign languages, the opportunity of study and work abroad programs as well as the invitation of globally oriented instructors. MCI is great for business, business management, management communication, and tourism.

During the summer program students will have the possibility to attend up to 4 courses:

-         Current Trends in Marketing Service Business or Strategic Management (student can choose which of the two courses they would like to take)

-          International Human Resource Management

-          International Marketing

-          Introduction to International Business

Location:  Innsbruck, Austria


MCI Summer Session 2017 Flyer

Check out their poster!

Dates to Remember:


Application Due

Study Abroad Dates

Summer Semester

February 15

May 22 - June 16, 2017 or

May 29 - June 23, 2017


Admission Requirements:

  • Must have attended HPU for one semester
  • Must intend to graduate from HPU
  • Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • Must be fluent in English

Application Procedure:

  • Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
  • Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara.
  • Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
  • Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
  • Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application.
  • Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
  • Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
  • Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. You may check with your current provider to see if they cover a study abroad, or you may choose an additional provider to cover you while overseas. Please consult our Health Insurance page found in our Resources section for more information.
Housing Accommodations: Various kinds of accommodation are available in Innsbruck ranging from rooms in shared houses, in single apartments and rooms in student dormitories. Prices vary according to equipment and facilities. Students can also apply for a room directly at one Innsbruck’s numerous dormitories. However, a lot of dormitories only rent out their rooms for a minimum period of 12 months and, in many cases, the application forms are only available in German. For more info on housing click on: MCI Accommodation.


The Austrian Exchange Service (ÖAD) arranges rooms in student dormitories for a monthly fee. This is the easiest and most convenient way for exchange students to find relatively inexpensive housing.

MCI cooperates with the dormitory “Internationales Studentenhaus” (ISH). Exchange students can book a room at ISH directly through MCI. For more info: Internationales Studentenhaus (ICH)

Finding private accommodation in Innsbruck is not always easy, especially at the beginning of a new semester. Nevertheless, students who are willing to invest some effort should be able to find a room in a shared apartment or a studio.

Currency:  The current exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and the Euro can be calculated online at

Visa Information: If students stay for at least ninety-one days and a maximum of six months (as most exchange students do) they need a Residence Visa D (Aufenthaltsvisum D). Exceptions may apply (e.g. Japanese nationals). Students have to apply for a visa in person at the Austrian Embassy or Consulate in their home country, and pick up the visa before leaving for Austria. Visas cannot be renewed in Austria. The Residence Visa D entitles students to travel to other Schengen countries for a maximum of 90 days. Exchange students should check this site for more detailed information on visa regulations in Austria and for the documents they need in order to apply. Once they are in Austria, students have to register at the local registration office within three business days.

Student can contact the Austria Consulate for more information on obtaining a visa at 923-8585. U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at

HPU Study Abroad and International Exchange Programs
Hawaii Pacific University
1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: 1-808-544-9326, Fax: 1-808-544-9355

For photos and information, follow us on:
Facebook Twitter • InstagramStudent’s Abroad Blog