Graduate Exchange Programs-Korea

Graduate Studies at Sungkyunkwan University

About Sungkyunkwan University: 
Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU) has over six hundred years of history as South Korea’s oldest and most prestigious university. There are two main campuses and exchange students study at the Humanities and Social Sciences campus which are,home to over a thousand professors and twenty thousand students, in central Seoul. The university offers graduate courses for exchange students. SKKU is well known for their MBA program with a mission of creating a global standard of professionalism to create global leaders.

Location:  Seoul, Korea


Academics Available:  Sungkyunkwan University offers graduate courses to its exchange students. Students can view available course work online

Dates to Remember:


Application Due

Study Abroad Dates

Fall Semester

April 30

Starts in September 

Spring Semester

October 31st

Starts in March

 Admission Requirements:

  • Must have attended HPU for one semester
  • Must intend to graduate from HPU
  • Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • Must be fluent in English

Application Procedure:

  • Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
  • Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara.
  • Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
  • Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
  • Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application.
  • Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
  • Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
  • Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.

Health Insurance:  Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students.  HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at

Housing Accommodations: Sungkyunkwan University offers housing to its student. More information on accommodations and rates can be found on the university website.

 Currency:  The current exchange rate can be calculated online at

Visa Information:  Exchange participants must apply for a student visa through the Consulate General of Korea, 2756 Pali Hwy., Honolulu, HI (phone: 595-6109). U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at

HPU Study Abroad and International Exchange Programs
Hawaii Pacific University
1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: 1-808-544-9326, Fax: 1-808-544-9355

For photos and information, follow us on:
Facebook Twitter • InstagramStudent’s Abroad Blog