Graduate Exchange Programs-France

Graduate Studies at Jean Moulin Lyon 3

About JML3:  

L'Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3 was created in 1974 and traces its history to the original University of Lyon, founded in 1896. It is named after the World War II French resistance leader Jean Moulin, a man of honor and courage, who symbolizes the values highly respected at "Lyon 3." International graduate students take courses in the University of Lyon Business and Management School (I.A.E., Institute d'Administration des Enterprises de Lyon), which enrolls over 5,300 students a year. Details about the I.A.E. graduate program are in the IAE Graduate Program Brochure.

Location:  Lyon, France  


Academics Available:  Open to MBA students.  

Currently I.A.E. offers English graduate classes in The European Business Realities Program (EBR), described on p. 6 of the above-referenced I.A.E Graduate Program brochure. These include:

Every Fall Semester:

  • C1: Finance: Corporate Governance and Value Creation in European Companies
  • C2: Risk Management and Sustainable Development in Europe
  • C3: Strategic Management: flexibility, Outsourcing, Mergers as Strategic Actions of European Countries
  • C4: Territorial Development: Answers to Local/Global Conflicts

Every Spring Semester:

  • C5: HRM: Flexibility Management
  • C6: Controlling: How to Link Global & Local Perspectives of European Companies
  • C7: Marketing & Relationship Management
  • C8: Doing International Business to Business Marketing substitutes for MKTG 6900

Dates to Remember: See Ms. Melissa Matsubara for study abroad dates.  

Admission Requirements:

  • Must have attended HPU for one semester
  • Must intend to graduate from HPU
  • Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • Must be fluent in English

Application Procedure:

  • Complete the Inquiry Form.
  • Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara.
  • Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan. Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.             
  • Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application. 
  • Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
  • Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
  • Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.

Health Insurance:  Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students.  HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at

Housing Accommodations:  Housing is arranged for international exchange students by the Lyon 3 staff and there is a mandatory on-line registration process. Accommodation options include studios and double/quad housing. Another option is to rent a local apartment.

Currency:  The current exchange rate can be calculated online at

Visa Information:  Students should access the French Consulate of San Francisco for information about obtaining a student visa. This site has a link to CampusFrance. Students intent on studying abroad in France must register with CampusFrance before they can get a visa interview with the consulate. Please follow the links for more information:

    HPU Study Abroad and International Exchange Programs
    Hawaii Pacific University
    1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813
    Tel: 1-808-544-9326, Fax: 1-808-544-9355

    For photos and information, follow us on:
    Facebook Twitter • InstagramStudent’s Abroad Blog