International Undergraduate Admissions

Future Student

Quick Links


Sanjeev Ranabhat

BA in Communications/ BSBA in Travel Industry Management


I transferred to HPU in Fall 2008. Back then, I saw HPU flyers on the wall of my college. HPU sounded appealing to me, so I did some additional research on International Student Scholarships offered at HPU:I was choosing carefully, as I wanted an institution with great academics.


Transfer Services for International Students

Information below is designed to assist three different types of students:

Students may identify with one, two, or even all three of these situations.  For details of each specific situation, click the links above or see below.

Previous University Studies

Community college and university-level courses completed at accredit institutions both inside and outside of the United States may qualify a student to receive transfer credit for the completed coursework at HPU.  This previous coursework is evaluated on a case-by-case, student-by-student basis according to the following guidelines:

  • The college or university attended must be regionally accredited;
  • Coursework must be academic in nature (cannot be remedial, ESL, vocational, or work-related training);
  • Coursework must be completed with the equivalent of a U.S. grade of C- or better (Pass/Fail courses and ECTS grades of "E" or lower cannot be transferred).

U.S Transfer Credit

For information about transferring credit from a university or college located in the United States OR a U.S. accredited university abroad, click here.

International Transfer Credit

In order to have international coursework evaluated for transfer credit at HPU,the following must be submitted:

    1. Transcripts: official transcripts must be mailed directly to HPU from the international institution attended (note: faxes, e-mail attachments, website transcripts, copies, and third party evaluations cannot be accepted);
    2. Course descriptions: official course descriptions for all courses for which an evaluation for transfer credit is desired must be sent directly to HPU from the previous institition;
    3. English-language translations: if transcripts and associated course descriptions are not originally issued in English, a professional and certified translation is required.

Preliminary evaluations are not currently available to students considering transfer to HPU.

Advanced Standing

Students who completed International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement (AP), or Advanced Level (A-Level) coursework as part of their high school or college studies may be eligible for advanced standing credit at HPU.  Advanced standing means that a freshman student is granted transfer credit, despite being identified as a freshmen student for admissions purposes.

In order to apply for advanced standing credit, students must submit the following based on their respective examinations (click the links for detail of how credit will transfer):

  • International Baccalaureate (IB)official electronic IB transcript sent directly from the International Baccalaureate Organization (can be requested through the IB website)
  • Advanced Placement (AP): official scores sent directly by the Advanced Placement Board;
  • A-Level Examinations: official score report sent by mail directly from the respective testing agency (e.g. Edexcel, Cambridge).

Transferring SEVIS Record

Students currently studying in the United States on an F-1 visa at any US educational institution (e.g. high school, English language institution, community college, university) may be eligible to transfer their SEVIS record to HPU, rather than apply for a new student visa.  To do so, such a student (and the Designated School Official - DSO - from their current school) should fill out the Student SEVIS Transfer-In Form and follow the indicated steps.