Campus Sustainability Week
October 24-29, 2016
Please join us for a week of festivities at Hawaii Pacific University to Celebrate Sustainability Week!Monday, October 24, 2016
10:00 am - 1:00 pm | Center Atrium
- Sustainability Pledge – Commit to an "Act of Green" and let us know how you will be sustainable this week.HPU administration,students,faculty and staff are invited to participate!CAB will be giving away reusable bags to those who commit to an 'Act of Green."
- Seed Kits - HPU's Gardening club will be giving away seed kits to those who commit to an "Act of Green."
- Sustainability at HPU Libraries - HPU Libraries will be hosting a table showcasing library resources for sustainability. Discover our resources with a librarian. Recycled bookmarks will be available.
- E-Waste Recycling Drive -To kick off e-waste recycling drive, we will have an informational booth available for students, faculty and staff in the center atrium. Collection boxes will be available in the following locations: Learning Commons @ ATM; Sharky’s Cove MP 139; and Hawaii Loa Campus Computer lab.
- Meatless Monday – Enjoy healthy plant-based alternatives for a day in the HLC Dinning Commons, and at home. Kick off #freshproduce #vegtoberfest #meatlessmonday#sustainability #sustainablehpu #hawaiipacificuniversity
11:00 am - 2:00 pm | Fort Steet Mall
- Clothes Swap - Leaders for a Sustainable Future (LSF) will be hosting a clothing swap for where student,faculty, and staff can stop by and drop off, trade, swap second-hand clothing as a means to promote more sustainable clothing use. Anything left over will be donated to Goodwill.
- E-Waste Recycling Drive - Learning Commons @ ATM; Sharky’s Cove MP 139; and Hawaii Loa Campus Computer lab.
3:40 pm - 4:40 pm | MPR2
- Take the Lead Seminar - Join John Leong, CEO and co-founder of Kupu as he shares his insights and perspectives on sustainability and leadership.
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Ewa Pavilion at Aloha Tower Marketplace
- Fitness and Health - Campus Recreation Yoga Class.
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm | Fort Street Mall
- Workout Wednesday – Workout Challenge! Participants will recieve a free reusable water bottle. Please take pictures of your reusable bottle and post them to social media with the hashtags - #sustainablehpu #hawaiipacificuniversity
- E-Waste Recycling Drive- Learning Commons @ ATM; Sharky’s Cove MP 139; and Hawaii Loa Campus Computer lab.
11:00 am - 12:00 pm | Ewa Pavilion at Aloha Tower Marketplace
- Fitness and Health - Campus Recreation Yoga Class
11:00 am - 1:00 pm | Center Atrium
- Sustainability Fair – Visit with various local organizations and learn more about local sustainability efforts and opportunities. Click here for a list of vendors.
- We'll have a stamp and incentive. Students who visit 10 tables can redeem it for a free lunch.
- DIY – Green Cleaning Solution - CAB will host a booth to make a DIY green cleaning solution.
- Transit Thursday - Challenge students, faculty and staff to use sustainable transportation options for a day. Please take pictures and share in social media with the following hashtags - #transitthursday #sustainabletransportation #sustainability sustainablehpu #hawaiipacificuniversity
- Student Government Association (SGA) - Share your experience about Honolulu's The Bus system with members of SGA as they determine whether or not to continue the Transportation Fee and renew the UPass program with the City.
- E-Waste Recycling Event - Learning Commons @ ATM; Sharky’s Cove MP 139; and Hawaii Loa Campus Computer lab.
Friday, October 28, 2016
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Promenade by Aloha Tower
- Farmer's Market - Don't miss the farmers' market at Aloha Tower Marketplace, presented with the Hawaii Farm Bureau.Help show support for the local farmers and food producers of Hawai. Check out their locally grown fresh produce and the other "ono"and interesting local items."Eat Fresh,Buy Local"
- E-Waste Recycling Event - Learning Commons @ ATM; Sharky’s Cove MP 139; and Hawaii Loa Campus Computer lab. SIMS Recycling Solutions is scheduled to pick-up e-waste.
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm | Aloha Tower Marketplace
- Halloween Funfest - More than 20 Halloween themed booths presented by Student Organizations with games,activities,prizes, and treats.Music|Trick or Treating|Costume Contests For All Ages
Saturday, October 29, 2016
9:00 am - 12:00 pm | Hawaii Loa Campus Student Organic Garden
- Community Garden Workshop - Hosted by Damian McPherson, CEO and founder of Off Da Beaten Path LLC, and Vivian Wong a recent HPU graduate from Environmental Studies.
- Community Workday - Hosted by HPU's Gardening Club. We will also tour the Hawaii Loa Campus student organic garden and learn about the various plants, growing methods and ideologies that have helped create such a beautiful and thriving garden on our campus.
For more information please contact:
Dingilizwe C. Ncube
Hawai`i Pacific University
1 Aloha Tower Drive, Suite 3200
Honolulu, HI 96813