Financial Aid

Image - militaryFinancial Aid for Military Students


Aloha to all military program students. We are glad that you have chosen to study at Hawaii Pacific University. Military campus programs are assigned for military active duty members, their spouses and, children. For further information visit the Military Campus Programs page. 


How to Apply?  

File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) anytime after January 1st for the next school year.  The priority deadline for the upcoming school year is March 1st.  You may still file the FAFSA anytime during the year, however, you need to complete your application and documents at least two months before the start of your first term in order to have funds available to you for the beginning of the term. The deadline or final day to process aid for any particular term is 3 weeks prior to the last day of the term.

Students who take classes on the Military Satellite Campuses need to submit the Military Supplemental Form in order to complete their financial aid application.  Download the Military Supplemental Form (2014-15)  and submit the completed form to Financial Aid Office. 

Note: Please retain copies of all LES statements to verify BAS and/or COLA benefits received.


Students must be enrolled in a degree seeking program and must take at least 6 credits in the standard 10 week sessions in order to be eligible for federal loans.  Full time students take at least 8 credits. Classes less than 10 weeks may or may not qualify for financial aid.  All charges for interim courses are the sole responsibility of the student and will NOT be covered by financial aid. MIL and AIR classes for ROTC students will not be included for financial aid purposes unless they satisfy a degree requirement as verified by an academic advisor.  Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.


Change of Status  

If you change your status (Full time to Part time and vice versa) you must contact the financial aid office as the change may affect your financial aid. You should also notify our office if you will be taking courses during the traditional Fall (September - December) and/or Spring (January - May) semesters.


Disbursement of Funds  

Financial Aid Funds for students in the Military Program are normally disbursed after the first week of the term for the four major ten week terms.  If you are enrolled as a Military Campus student and are also taking classes on the downtown or windward campus you should know that funds are only disbursed for each of the four military terms.  You may pay for downtown/windward classes out-of-pocket, or use any excess financial aid that has been refunded to you to pay for the classes.  If you anticipate excess funds from federal financial aid and you would like to have HPU retain those funds (or a portion thereof) to pay for a Downtown or Hawaii Loa class you may complete an authorization form and hand it in to the Finance and Operations office.