Blackboard Outage Update
April 11, 2013
Blackboard Outage Details
Current situation: The Blackboard Learning Management System made available as of 4/11/2013 4:38pm HST.
During a standard and continual monitoring of our hosted Blackboard environment at the Calgary, Alberta Blackboard Managed Hosting datacenter, the system has alerted us to a problem. There are over 18 other schools affected by this issue. Our Managed Hosting Engineers are working on the situation and should have the problem resolved shortly. An additional notification will be sent at the time of resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience.
System Status Update:
- 4/11/2013 @ 3:10pm HST - HPU Helpdesk received multiple reports that Blackboard is unavailable; Helpdesk escalated the issue to ITS Application Services
- 4/11/2013 @ 3:13pm HST - ITS Application Services working with Managed Hosting Support to identify the problem, opened Severity 1 case, pending updates...
- 4/11/2013 @ 3:37pm HST - Blackboard site UP, back online but extremely slow, investigating...
- 4/11/2013 @ 3:50pm HST - Blackboard DOWN, investigating...
- 4/11/2013 @ 4:38pm HST - Blackboard Managed Hosting validated system health; Balckboard Learning Managed System made available for public access