Bangkok University International School
About Bangkok University:
Bangkok University International College (BUIC) is the English language course division of Bangkok University, founded in 1984. BUIC offers courses taught in English in the schools of business administration, communication arts, accounting and humanities.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Website: http://www.bu.ac.th/th/index_en.php [click on International College]
Academics Available: BUIC is open to most majors.
Note: since actual BUIC courses are not announced until just before classes begin in Thailand, an HPU applicant needs to have a degree of course flexibility in the HPU degree plan in order to apply course substitutions. Actual courses to be taken in Thailand are not known until after arrival at BUIC.
Dates to Remember:
|Semester||Application Due||Study Abroad Dates|
|Fall Semester||May 31
||August 6 - December 12
|Spring Semester||October 31
||January 9 - May 14
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Memo of Understanding (MOU) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from International Student Organization (ISO) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of ISO health insurance at www.isoabroad.com
Housing Accommodations: BUIC provides several housing options. Please see choices and prices listed under the "pre-Arrival Information" link on the International College page.
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Student exchange participants may get student visa information through the Consulate General of Thailand, 1287 Kalihi Street, Honolulu, HI 96819 phone: 845-7332
U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov. The Honolulu Passport Agency is located in the Prince Kuhio Federal Building, 200 Ala Moana Blvd., Suite 1-330, Honolulu, HI 96850.
Melissa Matsubara Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad Hawaii Pacific University 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813 Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355 www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara