About Stockholm University, Sweden
Stockholm University is located in Stockholm, Sweden. SU is conveniently placed only ten minutes away from the busy streets of urban Stockholm. Stockholm University offers the largest student population in Sweden with more then 50,000 students calling SU home. The university is large, however students are offered a strong education, while also having a large international student population. Courses at SU are strongly recommended for Business Majors.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Website: www.su.se/english/ or for specific study abroad information: www.su.se/english/study/exchange-students
Academics Available: SU’s school of Business will offer programs for Business majors only, both for Undergraduate and Graduate students. For more information on the School of Business Website: http://www.fek.su.se/en/
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
September 3- January 20
January 21 - June 9
* Fall Semester is not available due to conflicts with our academic calendar. You may only choose between attending Spring Semester or Full Year at this university.
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Memo of Understanding (MOU) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad
Hawaii Pacific University
1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from International Student Organization (ISO) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of ISO health insurance at www.isoabroad.com
Housing Accommodations: While the Exchange Programs Office will assist where needed, it is the responsibility of the student to arrange their accommodations. Housing options for exchange students can be arranged with SU, please follow the link provided to search through housing options provided through the University.
Please follow the link for more information: Housing at SU
Currency: The current exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and the Euro can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Students should access the website for the Swedish Consulate’s website for more information about applying for and getting a student visa. You may also follow SU’s suggestions about obtaining a student visa and a multiple entry visa.