La Universidad de Sevilla
About the University of Sevilla:
University of Sevilla is one of the largest universities in Spain. With over sixty thousands students. The university has faculty and support services that aid students in academics and personal needs in their time abroad. Sevilla offers a selection of sports and cultural activities available for student, ranging from athletic teams to dance and theatre groups. The city of Sevilla is the fourth largest city in Spain and its oldest existing aging over two thousand years old. Centuries of Islamic culture can be seen by the buildings of Sevilla today. Students that are interest in University of Sevilla are encouraged to apply.
Academics Available: US is open to all majors.
Dates to Remember:
|Semester||Application Deadline||Study Abroad Dates|
|Fall Semester||May 15||September 9 - December 16|
|Spring Semester||September 30||January 18 - May 11|
***Students can register for one full academic year, or a single Spring Semester.
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Spanish minor candidates must have: 5 semesters of Spanish, including either SPAN3100 or SPAN3200, with Spanish GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application: US-application Note: US application must use the User ID: USAHAWAII and Password: CUSAHAWAII0910 when filling out the online application.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at http://www.culturalinsurance.com/
Housing Accommodations: Students are responsible with their own living accommodation. University of Sevilla offers housing options either on campus or off campus. Student should contact US housing department for more information.
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Exchange students must make arrangements to get their visa and passport. The Spanish consulate can be contacted at (808) 226-0430 or online to find the consulate nearest you. U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://www.nafsa.org/spainvisas_news. For more information on student visas in Spain, click here.
Safety Information: Students interested in viewing the OSAC safety report for Spain can click here.Melissa Matsubara Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad Hawaii Pacific University 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813 Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355 www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara