University of LjubljanaAbout Ljubljana University:
University of Ljubljana was first established in 1919 as Slovenija first University. Today the university is ranked among the largest in the world. This university has over sixty thousands students, which make up one third of Ljubljana population. In addition UL has established over one hundred fifty undergraduate programs and over thousand full time teaching staff. The university student’s organization provides students services such as legal assistants, accommodation assisting, and student activities during the academic year. UL offers courses for majors in fields of Social Sciences to Foreign Languages. Being in the central of Europe the University is rich of European culture and architecture. Student’s interested in European culture can explore Ljubljana though its museums, music theaters, nightlife, and open markets. If you want to learn more about Ljubljana and what it has to offer click on University of Ljubljana.
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenija
Website: http://www.uni-lj.si/en/about_university_of_ljubljana.aspx or click here for more information regarding exchange.
Academics Available: LU is open to all majors, but due to our exclusive agreement with their Social Sciences faculty, it is recommended for students of the HPU College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Students who are interested in foreign languages are also encouraged to apply.
Dates to Remember:
|Semester||Application Due||Study Abroad Dates|
|Fall Semester||March 8
||October - Mid February
|Spring Semester||October 4
||Mid Februrary- July
* Fall Semester is not available due to conflicts with our academic calendar. You may only choose between attending Spring Semester or Full Year at this university.
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at http://www.culturalinsurance.com/
Housing Accommodations: See Ms. Melissa Matsubara
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Students can find information on visas by contact the Consulate of Slovenia 544-3203 or Slovenia website at:
U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and on line at http://travel.state.gov. You'll find more info on obtaining a student visa at http://washington.embassy.si/index.php?id=4238&L=1.Melissa Matsubara Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad Hawaii Pacific University 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813 Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355 www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara