Rikkyo University School of Business
About Rikkyo University School:
Rikkyo University (RU) was established in 1874, by early Bishops as a private university to teach English and religious practices. The University today carries a philosophy of open doors to all international students from various culture and religious background. The student population is over seventeen thousand with a significant amount of international students enrolled. The main campus is in the northern area of Tokyo, Japan. The city is known for its vibrant atmosphere in the urban city and Japanese culture. RU campus offers facilities to students such as library, media and computer center, and a language learning center. More information can be found at the RU website.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Academics Available: Rikkyo University is open to all majors. Download course list to view classes.
Dates to Remember:
|Semester||Application Due||Semester Dates|
|Fall Semester||March 31||September 22 - January 24|
|Spring Semester||November 15||April 10 - July 31|
* Fall Semester is not available due to conflicts with our academic calendar. You may only choose between attending Spring Semester or Full Year at this university.
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. You may check with your current provider to see if they cover a study abroad, or you may choose an additional provider to cover you while overseas. Please consult our Health Insurance page found in our Resources section for more information.
Housing Accommodations: Rikkyo University offers two off campus dormitory accommodation for their International Students. The Shiki and Ashadai dorms are walking distance to the train station; it is a easy commute to Rikkyo University. Both dorms offer amenities such as internet, furnished style rooms, and AC. Students should contact the RU housing department to find more information and make arrangements.
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov . Participants apply for a student visa through the Consulate General of Japan, 1742 Nuuanu Ave., Honolulu, HI (phone: 543-3111) or online at http://www.honolulu.us.emb-japan.go.jp/. You will find detailed information on the student visa process at http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj04e.html.