University of Southern Denmark
About the University of Southern Denmark:
The University of Southern Denmark was established in 1998 from the merger with Odense University which was founded in 1966. Over last decade USD has established external campuses across southern Denmark. USD is comprised of six external campus cities, which are Odense, Esbjerg, Copenhagen, Kolding, Slageles, and Sonderborg. The campus cities have a combined student body of over seventeen thousand students with two thousand faculty and staff. The campuses offer several services and support such as modern libraries, computer centers, and lecture hall. Students can view more information of the different campus by visiting the website.
Location: Odense, Denmark
Academics Available: The University of Southern Denmark is open to all majors. The University offers courses in English, in areas such as Engineering, Humanities, Science and Social Sciences. Students can view a list of courses by clicking on USD courses.
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
September 1 - December 1
February 1 - June
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Memo of Understanding (MOU) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from International Student Organization (ISO) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of ISO health insurance at www.isoabroad.com
Housing Accommodations: On-campus student housing costs approximately 300.00 Euros, per month for a room and is arranged by FH. A deposit is necessary.
Currency: The current exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and the Euro can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and on line at http://travel.state.gov. Student can also find information of visa and passport by visiting the Consulate of Denmark. There contact information is at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (808) 844-2028.
A brief description of the student visa process can be found at http://www.abroadeducation.com.np/study-in/denmark/student-visa-process.html.
Melissa Matsubara Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad Hawaii Pacific University 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813 Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355 www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara