FHW is a 4-year university with approximately 2,000 students. The University offers a variety of majors, including, but not limited to, Business, Communications, Media and Design, Tourism and Computer Science.
Location: Vienna, Austria
Academics Available: FHW is open to all Business, Economics and Communications Majors.
- Management: Case Studies with Emphasis on Management in Central & Eastern Europe, Decision Base Seminar, Dialogue with EU Institutions and Bodies, Organization I – Basics, Organizational Behavior & Development I, Organizational Behavior & Development II, Strategic Management 2, Transnational Management
- Marketing & Communications: Advanced Writing Skills, Case Studies in Marketing, Communication Management-Corporate Communications, Communication Management-Public Relations, Sales and Distribution Management I, Sales and Distribution Management II, Innovative Product Communication for Profit Enterprises, Marketing 2, Strategic Marketing Management II, Innovative Product Communication for Profit Enterprises, Marketing 2, Strategic Marketing Management I, II & III.
- Finance & Accounting: International Accounting 1-II, International Accounting III-IV and Financial Markets IV.
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
September 5th- February 4
February 13 - July 7
* Fall Semester is not available due to conflicts with our academic calendar. You may only choose between attending Spring Semester or Full Year at this university.
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. Please reference our Resources section Health Insurance suggestions.
Housing Accommodations: Off-campus student housing costs approximately 365 Euros per month and is arranged by FHW. A deposit is necessary.
Currency: The current exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and the Euro can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Student can contact the Austria Consulate for more information on obtaining a visa at 923-8585. U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov
Check out this link from the Embassy of Austria of the student visa process at http://www.austria.org/going-to-austria/study-in-austria/student-visa.Melissa Matsubara Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad Hawaii Pacific University 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813 Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355 www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara