About Bond University:
Bond University was established in 1989 in Queensland, Australia, as a private university. Bond’s mission is to create leaders and thinkers, by building challenges and opportunities in the university. Like HPU, Bond offers a personal feel for academics, by providing small classrooms sizes to make it easier get to know your professor and classmates. This private university provides a variety of facilities and services to students, such as: fitness and recreational centers, sports fields for rugby and tennis, a sauna, computers labs, and a library. BU provides not just positive academics, but also a supportive environment, which is implemented in a program called Bond Mates. The Bond Mate Program was created to help new students interact with current Bond students by answering any question or concerns about Bond before they make that transition to the University. In addition, Bond Mates offers other support services such as study support, an international student program and medical support. If you want to learn more about what Bond University has to offer, check out their official website.
Location: Robina, Queensland, Australia
Academics Available: Bond University is open to all majors. To view course list here click here. Please be sure to check the box for "Display only Study Abroad Subjects." To view Academic Calendar click here.
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
September 3rd – December 15th
January 9th – April 21st
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application: Bond University Application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Credit Registration Approval (CRA) form to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Applying to Bond:
- Complete the on-line application form (uploading your transcript, your proof of English (if required) and a copy of your passport): Bond University Application
To ensure your online application is submitted correctly, please refer to the additional information below:
- Essential Details Page: Please select your Current / Highest Level of Study as `currently studying either Bachelor or Graduate’ from the drop down box.
- Essential Details Page: Select Level of Study Applying for as `Inbound Exchange to Bond University’
- International Details: Choose Home Institution and enter details of the university if it is not in the drop down box.
- Program Preference Page: Choose Study Abroad & Exchange box at the top; followed by your Study Type - Exchange and Degree Type as Undergraduate or Postgraduate.
- Declaration and Privacy Statement: Complete the declaration and privacy statement pages and SUBMIT your application.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at http://www.culturalinsurance.com/
Housing Accommodations: Bond University offers a variety of housing accommodations for students. These rooms will vary in size, price, and amenities. To check out housing options and prices, visit the campus housing website. If you prefer to live off campus, Bond University offers housing locations that are nearby the campus.
Currency: Currency exchange rate for the Australian Dollar (AUD) can be calculated at: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Participants can apply for a visa online. Information is at the Australian Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs’ website: click here. U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov
This should also have the resource links of obtaining a Student Visa from the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/573-1/how-to-apply.htm
For more information about changes to 'non-student visa' click here.Melissa Matsubara Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad Hawaii Pacific University 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813 Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355 www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara