Summer Programs at Koc University
About Koc University:
Koc University (KU) is located in the city Istanbul, which is known as the bridge between Europe and Asia. Istanbul is rich in ancient history and cultures that dates back to thousands of years. KU is a small private university which provides students a chance to know KU professors and faculty. This university offers a range of support facilities for students such as a sport field, fitness center, 24 hour computer labs, and library. Study Abroad offers the student the chance to learn from a culture perspective that could be different from there own. Students who are interested in learning more about Koc University and what it has to offer could visit the university website. Please note, the summer programs offered by Koc University may vary year by year. Check below for details.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Website: Koc University - English
Academics Available: KU is open to all majors. KU offers courses in the summer to both undergraduate and graduate students. Courses offer are from the department of Social Science and Humanities. Students can take courses in Arts, European history, Psychology, Turkish Language, and Communication.
Dates to Remember:
|Term||Application Due||Study Abroad Dates|
|Summer Term||See Melissa Matsubara||June 28 - July 31|
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara.
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university's admissions application.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. You may check with your current provider to see if they cover a study abroad, or you may choose an additional provider to cover you while overseas. Please consult our Health Insurance page found in our Resources section for more information.
Housing Accommodations: Koc University offers on-campus housing for exchange students. The dorms have fully furnished rooms that range from single to quadruple student occupation. Other amenities include laundry room, community kitchen, and student lounge area.
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and on line at http://travel.state.gov .www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara