Summer Programs at Sungkyunkwan University
About Sungkyunkwan University:
Sungkyunkwan University (SKU), is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in S. Korea. It has two main campuses and exchange students study at the Humanities and Social Sciences campus, home to around 400 professors and 11,000 students, in central Seoul. The University offers courses in Korean and English, including an s-MBA degree (taught in English), given in collaboration with MIT Sloan.
New** SKKU is offering a specialized summer program titled Sustanable Global Values: Convergence, Divergence and Collaboration. This program will be offered for the Summer 2012 session between June 28 and July 25. Registration for this program will open on Feburary 1 2012 and the deadline will be on June 15 2012. Please follow the link below for more information.
Location: Seoul, Korea
Academics Available: Korean language study is required; therefore, this program is appropriate for students needing to fulfill a HPU foreign language requirement.
See website for other available classes.
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
June 28 to July 17
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university's admissions application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university's application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Memo of Understanding (MOU) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from International Student Organization (ISO) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of ISO health insurance at www.isoabroad.com
Housing Accommodations: Exchange students live on campus in the Sungkyunkwan University International House. Cost is approximately 300,000 (double room ) won per month.
Currency: The current exchange rate between can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: exchange participants apply for a student visa through the Consulate General of Korea, 2756 Pali Hwy., Honolulu, HI (phone: 595-6109). U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.govwww.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara