Summer Programs at Konkuk University
For sixty years, Konkuk University has helped educate the young minds of Korea in technology and scientific research. The university has two campuses one in Seoul and one in Chungi. The main campus Chungi is a two hour shuttle ride from Seoul. The campus offers a great academic and fitness facilities including a gymnasium, health care center, and library. Chungiu campus is surrounded by lots of convenient shops and banks. Students can enjoy Korean culture offered by many clubs in martial arts, music and art. The university currently enrolled over twenty five thousand students and offers a large variety of degrees. Outside the campus Chungiu has natural parks such as Mt. Wolaksan and Suanbo Hot Springs. Chungiu is a proud host of the World Martial Art Festival since 1998. Students who want to learn more about Konkuk University can find more information at the university website.
Location: Chungiu, Korea
Website: http://www.konkuk.ac.kr/eng/, link to the International Summer Program: http://www.konkuk.ac.kr/Administration/Abroad/isp/index.htm
Academics Available: Konkuk University is open to all majors. Konkuk Summer
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
See Melissa Matsubara
June to August
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at http://www.culturalinsurance.com/
Housing Accommodations: All summer participants will be placed in double occupancy rooms in KU:L House on campus (KRW 600,000 upon registration). This ultra-modern dormitory complex is located in the heart of our campus and overlooks the picturesque Il-Gam Lake. Each room is completely furnished with a single bed, mattress, desk, chair, study lamp, wardrobe, telephone, Ethernet connection, air-conditioning and private bathroom. Various communal facilities exist for residents' convenience (lounge, laundry room, convenient store, etc.). Students may purchase meal coupons to eat at the student cafeteria located in KU:L House. http://www.konkuk.ac.kr/Administration/Abroad/isp/sub_isp_06.htm
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: If you want to stay in Korea more than 90 days, you are required to register at a local immigration office having the jurisdiction over the place of your stay within 90 days from the date of your entry. To register, you should make an application to a local or district Immigration office having jurisdiction over the place of your stay, either by visiting in person or by proxy. U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.govMelissa Matsubara Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad Hawaii Pacific University 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813 Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355 www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara