SKEMA Business School
About SKEMA University, France
For the summer of 2011, SKEMA Business School will be offering a two week certificate program for graduate students, specifically those pursuing a MBA. SKEMA has various campuses located all throughout Paris, and participants of the summer program will have the opportunity to experience the different campus lifestyles. SKEMA offers graduate students the opportunity to engage in an invigorating program that will propel the student into further studies of business, management, and project management.
Website: www.skema.edu for specific information regarding the summer program: http://www.skema.edu/en/international/short-term-sessions
You may also view and download this flyer (2011) for more information: SKEMA Project Management
Academics Available: Various courses will be offered throughout the two week program, with focuses on project development/management as well as a course called, Doing Business in Europe. There will be various guest lectures as well as visits to some of Frances finest corporations and businesses.
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
See Melissa Matsubara
July 17-July 29
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in an MBA program
- Must have minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Memo of Understanding (MOU) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from International Student Organization (ISO) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of ISO health insurance at www.isoabroad.com
Housing Accommodations: SKEMA has worked with various hotels in France to offer attractive rates for program participants. To get information on these housing accommodations please go to: Hotel Lille Europe, Hotel Novotel Sophia Antipolis, or Hotel Josse. Remember to mention SKEMA’s summer program when calling for rates!
Currency: The current exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and the Euro can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Students should access the website for the French Consulate’s website for more information about applying for and getting a student visa. You may also follow SKEMA’s suggestions about obtaining a student visa and a multiple entry visa.