University Jean Moulin Lyon 3
About Jean Moulin Lyon:
Inheriting the tradition of the original University of Lyon, which was founded in 1896 with its faculties of science, medicine, law, and humanities; Lyon 3 University was created in 1974. It took the name of Jean Moulin, a man of honor and courage who symbolizes the values highly respected in “Lyon 3.”
With premises on two city-centre sites in Lyon, a UNESCO world heritage city, Université Jean Moulin ~ Lyon 3 currently has over 20,000 students enrolled in its six faculties and institutes: Law, Business School, Languages, Humanities, Philosophy and the Institute of Technology.
Location: Lyon Cedex 02, France
Academics Available: One thrid French language classes, one third French culture classes, one third trips and excursions. More information: click here for brochure
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
See Melissa Matsubara
July 7-July 25
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Credit Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at http://www.culturalinsurance.com/
Housing Accommodations: This program is a complete program which includes the accommodation in a private residence in which every student will have his own kitchen and bathrool, as well as the breakfast and the lunch.
Currency: The current exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and the Euro can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Students should access the website for the French Consulate of San Francisco for information about obtaining a student visa. This site has a link to CampusFrance. Students intent on studying abroad in France must register with CampusFrance before they can get a visa interview with the consulate.