Summer Program at ESCEAbout ESCE:
ESCE was established in 1968, as a small private university. Currently ESCE has partnership with the Leonard de Vinci University, and has grown into a state recognized university that combines college courses with real job applications. ESCE campus is in La Defense, which is surrounded by a number of the largest international and French business firms of Europe. Students can enjoy ESCE campus facilities, which include science buildings, library, multimedia labs, sports facilities, and language labs. Students interested in gaining a European education experience can find more information on the ESCE website. Please note, the summer programs offered by ESCE may vary year by year. Check below for details.
Location: Paris-La Defense Cedex-France
Academics Available: ESCE is open to all majors. List of ESCE Courses. After being nominated by our office, students can go to www.pariseiffel.fr/summer to register. Nominated students will be ESCE tuition waived and will be able to achieve 9 ECTS and to transfer the credits back to their home university.
Dates to Remember:
|Application Due||Dates Abroad|
|See Melissa Matsubara||See Melissa Matsubara|
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at http://www.culturalinsurance.com/
Housing Accommodations: The Pythagore Grande Arche offers housing accommodation for its ESCE exchange students. The rooms are furnished with a bed, desk, and bathroom. In addition to the room there is wireless internet, dinning commons, exercise machines, and on-site laundry room.
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Students can contact the Consulate of France by phone at (808) 547-5852. & (808) 547-5625 or e-mail at email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should access the website for the French Consulate of San Francisco for information about obtaining a student visa. This site has a link to CampusFrance. Students who are intent on studying abroad in France must register with CampusFrance before they can get a visa interview with the consulate. Please follow the links for more information:
U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov