Graduate Studies at Mahidol University International CollegeAbout Mahidol University International College:
Mahidol University International College (MUIC) has a long history of academics dating back to 1889 in Thailand. MUIC was founded on strong international influences by having all courses taught in English to meet today’s global job market. MUIC is a large college campus with a student body of eighteen thousand. Besides being a large university they offer a large amount of college resources and degrees. MUIC offers resources such as sports fields, swimming pool, and a number of clubs. MUIC offers degrees ranging from Entertainment Media to Biological Sciences. MUIC is well known for its Tourism & Hospitality Management program where they have agreements with various agencies and offer off campus internships. MUIC is located in the countryside of Salaya which is just outside of Bangkok, Thailand's capital city. Students can find more information about Mahdiol University by visiting their website. It should be noted, however, that the graduate campus is located in Bangkok, far from the undergraduate campus.
Location: Salaya, Thailand
Academics Available: MUIC offers all of its courses in English. This is open to all majors doing an exchange program. Students can view course descriptions for the Masters of Management program by clicking here and course descriptions for the Master of Business Administration by clicking here.
Dates to Remember: Refer back to the website for academics schedule and application deadline.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara.
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions Application.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at http://www.culturalinsurance.com/
Housing Accommodations: MUIC offers the International House to its exchange students. These accommodations are close by MUIC. The amenities offered are fully furnished rooms, common lounge area, and laundry facilities. Students can download the MUIC housing application. Students who want more information can find it at MUIC website.
Currency: Currency exchange rate for Thailand can be calculated at: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Students can find information on student visas by contacting the Royal Thai Consulate. The Thai Consulate can be contact at 524-7787 or there address at 866 Iwilei Road, Room 201.
U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov