Graduate studies at Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola
Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola (USIL) located in Lima the capital city of Peru, proudly touts the unique entrepreneurial and global perspective of its faculty. Students can expect a mix of theory and practice in the class room, as USIL applies students’ lessons through the practical application of case study. Along with undergraduate work, this university also offers business-oriented graduate programs to international exchange students. In particular, USIL provides course work for an MBA program and an MS in Management. USIL courteously provides a Spanish immersion course set in Cusco for international exchange visiting the university. Courses are also available to those interested in the culinary arts.
Location: Lima, Peru
Academics Available: USIL is open to all majors; however, the school has a strong business and hospitality orientation. USIL is available for both undergraduate and graduate studies. See Dr. Davidann for course availability.
Please visit the following link for more information: http://www.usil.edu.pe/0/modulos/JER/JER_Interna.aspx?ARE=0&PFL=6&JER=1230
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
Period I Mid August to early December
Period II Mid March to early July
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English; some Spanish is preferred.
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Memo of Understanding (MOU) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from International Student Organization (ISO) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of ISO health insurance at www.isoabroad.com
Housing Accommodations: Accommodations will depend upon the program and respective campus the student chooses. Please follow this link for more information: http://www.casadedonignacio.com/
Students are responsible for establishing their lodgings for the duration of their visit, and must contact USIL accordingly.
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Participants need a proper visa prior to entering Peru. Students are advised to contact a consulate or the Embassy of Peru for more information.
U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov.
Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad
Hawaii Pacific University
1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355