Graduate studies at Skema
SKEMA Business School
About SKEMABusiness School:
SKEMA Business School formerly CERAM Bachelors (CB) is nestled in an area called Sophia Antipolis, which is located in the south of France, better known as the "French Riviera." Sophia Antipolis is a high tech development park and is considered to be France's "Silicon Valley." There are over 1,200 companies in high-tech, bio-sciences, and service industries that have their headquarters and research facilities in Sophia Antipolis. SKEMA offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in fields such as entrepreneurship, finance, information technology and management. Founded more than 40 years ago, it is accredited by the French Ministry of Education and the French Riviera Chamber of Commerce. The undergraduate program has over 1,900 students from France and more than 60 countries. Currently nearly 20 SKEAM students attend HPU under the terms of a sister school agreement.
Location: Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Academics Available: is open to all majors. Please click on the following link to view a list of SKEMA Grande Ecole courses.
Dates to Remember: See Jon Davidann for study abroad dates
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Inquiry Form.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Memo of Understanding (MOU) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from International Student Organization (ISO) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of ISO health insurance at www.isoabroad.com
Housing Accommodations: Housing is arranged for international students by CB International Office in the nearby towns of Antibes and Juan Les Pins. Accommodation options include studios and double/quad housing, costing from $505 to $1,063. Additional information is available on the English pages of the CB site, under “housing.” For more information about the area, visit http://www.antibes-juanlespins.com (select your language of choice by clicking on the country flags).
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Students should access the website for the French Consulate of San Francisco for information about obtaining a student visa. This site has a link to CampusFrance. Students intent on studying abroad in France must register with CampusFrance before they can get a visa interview with the consulate.