Graduate Studies at Cape Town University, Graduate Business School
About CTU, GSB:
Cape Town University’s Graduate School of Business is located in the center of one of Cape Town’s main tourist attractions, the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. The main building for GSB, originally housing convicts who built the breakwater, has been fully renovated to meet the needs of a modern educational facility. The school’s location is perfect for easy access to shopping, restaurants and sporting activities. The courses offered to exchange students stem from business-oriented programs such as their MBA program, Executive MBA, PDBA (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration), and AIM (Associates in Management), among others. Because of the school’s focus on business, GSB is recommended for students with a business background and/or are pursuing a business-related degree.
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Academics Available: GSB offers graduate studies in business-related fields. See Ms. Matsubara for course availability.
Please visit the following link for more information: http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
Please see Ms. Matsubara
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Inquiry Form.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Ms. Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Memo of Understanding (MOU) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from International Student Organization (ISO) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of ISO health insurance at www.isoabroad.com
Housing Accommodations: Accommodations can be established at the Breakwater Lodge, conveniently located at the center of Cape Town’s Waterfront Development with easy access to main transit routes, shopping, restaurants, etc. Please follow this link for more information: http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/s.asp?p=186
Students are responsible for establishing their lodgings for the duration of their visit, and must contact GSB accordingly.
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Participants need a proper visa prior to entering South Africa. Students are advised to contact a consulate or the Embassy of South Africa for more information. Please follow this link: http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/s.asp?p=24
Further information provided by the school can be found under the Study Abroad section for each of the program descriptions.
U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov.
Melissa Matsubara Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad Hawaii Pacific University 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813 Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355 www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara