How to apply for an Exchange Program to HPU
Hawai'i Pacific University is proud to offer exchange programs with many partner institutions world wide. This page provides necessary information for our partner universities' staff and student body about what they can expect in general from HPU, and how to apply to participate on an exchange program.
Application Procedure: First, apply to your home school for an exchange program with HPU. Second, once accepted at your home university, you may apply to HPU. We recommend that you submit your application along with the required documents as early as possible to allow sufficient time for processing and to ensure that you will receive your visa in time. It may take a couple months for HPU to process your entire application and send you an acceptance packet.
- Complete an Exchange Student Application (must be typed), and submit it to your Exchange Program coordinator.
- Have your school forward your most current official transcript to HPU.
- Submit test results from any English proficiency tests recognized by HPU.
- Provide proof of medical insurance coverage
- Submit an original or certified copy of a bank statement showing that you (or your sponsor) have an account which holds sufficient funds to cover the estimated costs for housing and living expenses.
- Include a copy of your passport.
Before you apply to HPU, you must be approved by your institution to participate on an exchange program.
Length of Study: Exchange students may study at HPU for one or two semesters.
Programs: HPU offers many of its programs to eligible international exchange students. Please follow the link for more information: Available Programs
Estimated Costs: HPU tuition is waived for exchange students coming from one the of academic institutions we have established an exchange agreement with. Participants are responsible for the costs of transportation, visa application, room and board, health insurance and personal expenses. You may find current estimations for the general cost of living in Honolulu by following the link: Estimated Living Costs
Student Eligibility: Please check with the advisor of your home institution for eligibility criteria, e.g. GPA.