President's Hosts Inductees - Fall 2011 (Photo by Will Runk)
Are you a current HPU student looking to get involved on campus and within the community?
Hawai'i Pacific University President's Hosts are highly involved student ambassadors and leaders who seek to make a positive difference in the community. Each member is called upon to serve at an HPU function and community service event. Such activities in the past have included the Military Appreciation Dinner, Preview Day, campus tour guides, and HPU's holiday reception. In addition, President's Hosts participate in university workshops and initiatives to further develop their leadership and professional skills. Other benefits to being a part of the program are meeting new people and gaining new experiences while at HPU. The University is proud to be represented by this group of action orientated students.
Members of the program are nominated, selected, and inducted each fall semester. We are interested in students who meet the nomination criteria, able to balance their academic commitments with the demands of the program, and are excited and committed to serving others. For more information about the President's Host program, contact the advisor, Jessica Walz, at 808-687-7039 or email@example.com.
- Current HPU student.
- Students in their first semester of their first year at HPU and those in their final semester of their senior year are not eligible.
- Be nominated by an HPU faculty or staff. Each University employee is limited to three (3) nominations per year. Nomination requests are sent via Pipeline email/announcement at the beginning of each fall semester.Have and maintain a 2.5 Cumulative GPA and be in good standing at Hawai'i Pacific University.
- Be involved in the HPU community.
- Be presentable, articulate, and comfortable in social settings.
President's Host Responsibilities
- Participate in a variety of events and activities.
- Attendance required at (1) one community service event, (1) one HPU affiliated event, and (1) one leadership workshop per academic year.
- Dress in appropriate event attire (e.g., formal, business, HPU).
- Attend an Etiquette Seminar offered during your semester of Induction.
- Maintain a 2.5 Cumulative GPA and be in good standing at Hawai'i Pacific University.
President's Hosts may be removed from the program at their request or if members are no longer in good standing at the university (e.g. violations of university policies and procedures).