- Hawai'i Pacific University does not provide an institutionally-owned parking garage or parking lot in downtown Honolulu for the use of its students or visitors.
- Parking, for a charge, is available in commercial parking garages and parking lots. Many offer special discounts to HPU students. Inquire at each location for any available HPU special rate. Parking rates and resources are available here.
- There are also City and County of Honolulu public parking garages and parking lots with metered parking.
- Metered on-street parking is available on certain streets during the day, in off-hours, and on weekends.
- All parking is within close walking distance to the downtown campus.
Hawaii Loa Campus
Parking on the Hawai'i Loa campus is available to:
- Visitors to the campus
Visitors can purchase a daily parking pass at the campus entrance gate security booth. This daily pass is good until 12:00 midnight of the day it is purchased, and allows for multiple entrances to and exits from the campus on the day of purchase.
- Commuter students attending classes at this campus
Commuter students can either purchase a parking decal at the University Bookstore on the Hawai'i Loa campus for the semester or purchase the daily parking pass at the entrance gate security booth. This pass is good until 12:00 midnight of the day it is purchased, and allows for multiple entrances to and exits from the campus on the day of purchase.
- Students living in the residence halls
- Faculty and staff assigned to the Hawai'i Loa campus that drive their vehicle to work
Parking Fees (spring 2013)
- Daily Parking Pass: $6.00
- Daily Motorcycle: $3.75
- Parking Decal: $240.00
Parking Areas on the Hawai'i Loa campus
- Parking Lot A:
- Parking Lot B:
- Parking Lot C:
- Parking Lot D:
- Residence Hall Road:
Occasionally, all authorized parking spaces on campus may be filled. Should this occur, drivers should ask the security guard in the entrance gate security booth where they might find additional spaces.
There are RESERVED (including HANDICAPPED) parking spaces on campus. Unauthorized vehicles parked in these spaces will be ticketed and/or towed off-campus at owner’s expense. No vehicles are permitted on the right side of the Academic Center after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Students living in the residence halls who own a vehicle and wish to park on campus will need to purchase a parking decal for the semester. Room and board fees paid by residence hall students do not include the parking decal cost or imply an "inherent right" to have a vehicle on campus. Residence hall students may purchase the decal at the University Bookstore on the Hawai'i Loa campus. Residence Hall students must also register their vehicle with Residence Life.
Students living in the residence halls who desire to leave their vehicles on campus during the Winter Break need to purchase a Winter Break pass from the Bookstore.
All faculty and staff working at the Hawai'i Loa campus that drive their vehicle to work must have a current parking decal on their vehicle. The decal is provided free of charge and is valid for an entire academic year for faculty. Authorized university staff should request decals through their appropriate Vice President.