Student Transition Advising and Registration
Student Transition Advising and Registration (STARS) is for new Undergraduate students to receive academic advice and create their initial course selection.
STARS Schedule --In-person, at HLC Advising for Hawaii Residents.
|Science and Nursing Majors|
|June 2, 2014|
|June 20, 2014|
What to do before coming to STARS?
Reserve a STARS date as indicated in the mailing you received.
- If you haven't submitted your ACT/SAT score as part of your admission process, you will need to take a placement test. To schedule a placement test, please email HLCadvising@hpu.edu
Please bring your acceptance packet with you.
If you are not here on Oahu, then you only need to attend one webinar.
Don't see your major? Don't worry, schedule an individual appointment with your academic advisor by calling (808) 544-1198.
Meeting with your Academic Advisor: All HPU students work with an Academic Advisor within their discipline of study.
- Create an academic plan and track progress towards graduation
- Understand requirements for academic programs
- Select, declare, or change a major and/or minor
- Interpret academic policies and procedures
- Facilitate academic and personal success workshops
- Provide basic counseling in support of academic and personal goals