How to Register for Classes Online
1) Log on to Pipeline at campus.hpu.edu.
2) Once you have successfully logged in, click on “Register Online” under “My Quick Links” in the middle of the webpage.
3) Click on “Register or Change Classes,” item #2.
4) Select the term you want to register classes for (i.e., Spring 2014) and click on “Submit.”
5) You may register for classes by CRN (Course Registration Number, a 4-digit course identifier) or via “Class Search.”
- To register by CRN, enter the CRNs for the classes you wish to register for in the boxes on the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Submit Changes” to proceed with the registration process.
- To register by class search, click on “Class Search.”
- In “Subject,” highlight the department you would like to search for classes in (i.e., MATH = Mathematics).
- In “Course Number,” type in the 4-digit course number (i.e., 1105).
- You may select filters such as “Campus” (i.e., search only for classes Downtown or on the Hawaii Loa campus) if you want to limit your search results; otherwise, leave the rest of the filters blank and scroll down to bottom of page and click on “Class Search.”
- If there are multiple sections of the same course, review your options by paying particular attention to the campus column (abbreviated “Cmp”) (D=Downtown, W=Windward/Hawaii Loa, O=online) as well as day and time (MWF= Monday/Wednesday/Friday, TR= Tuesday/Thursday).
- Click the check box in the left column adjacent to the section you want to register for. Make sure to click on “Register.”
6) Repeat step five as necessary. You will then be able to see the class(es) you successfully registered for and the number of credits you enrolled in. If there were any registration errors (i.e., closed class, prerequisite error), they will be notated on this page.
7) If you need to drop a class you already registered for, look for the drop down menu next to the class you want to drop. Select “Web Drop” under the “Action” column and click on “Submit Changes” to finalize the drop.
8) To view your schedule via weekly format, scroll down to the bottom of the webpage and click on “View Schedule by Day and Time.”
*When registering for classes, consider the following:
- A full-time student carries 12-16 per semester; in most cases, this means registering for four or five classes per semester. Students classified as part-time are registered for 11 credits or less. Some students are required to register as full-time students in order to maintain eligibility for certain scholarships, loan programs, and/or student housing. Review any applicable financial paperwork to ensure you are within the guidelines you agreed to when you signed your documents.
- If you need assistance with the registration process, please contact the Academic Advising Center. For nursing and other science-related majors, call the Hawaii Loa office at (808) 236-3578. For all other majors, call the Downtown office at (808) 544-1198.