Service Learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities. (Learn and Serve Clearinghouse)
Service Learning at HPU involves students working with nonprofit organizations in the community as part of their course work and university programs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Service Learning Courses at HPU - Learn more about courses that are designiated as Service Learning.
- Fall 2011 2012 Service Opportunities - Learn more about service opportunities available at organizations that attended the Fall 2011 2012 Volunteer Fair.
- Community Partner Directory - Get contact information for volunteer coordinators at community organizations.
- Useful Forms - Download the required forms for service learning.