Your University ID Card
Ordering your student ID is simple.
How to submit your photo via your HPU email.
- You must use your MY.HPU.EDU email account in Pipeline (this is how we know it’s you)
- To: email@example.com
- Attach your passport type photo (see guidelines below)
- Include your Full Name (First, Middle (Initial is OK), Last)
- Student ID Number (@_________)
- Color photo
- A clear, frontal view of your face
- No sunglasses, hats, bandannas, visors or headbands
- No scarves or veils (unless for cultural or religious beliefs)
- No advertising, hand gestures or messages
- JPEG file format with a minimum picture size of 300 pixels X 300 pixels
To avoid identity fraud, all new incoming students are required to pick up their ID card in person by showing a government issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport). All new International students must show their passports after being checked-in. For any questions or problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
HPU ID Card
The HPU ID card contains a color photo, as well as a computer-generated student, faculty or staff number.
- Every student, whether new or continuing, needs an ID card since it is recognized as a student's official campus identification. The card is required for such activities as getting a student handbook and utilizing the University's intercampus shuttle service. It also entitles full-time students to free or reduced-rate entrance to athletic events, and Student Life & First-Year Programs, Student Government Association (SGA), and Campus Activities Board (CAB) functions.
- HPU faculty and staff members also need a ID card since it serves as the individual's official identification.
The ID card is required to gain access to certain services of the University Libraries (Atherton Library and Meader Library), the Computer Center, the Educational Technology Center, and the Tutoring Centers.
Additionally, many merchants recognize the ID card for the purposes of providing discounts on various services and products.
New and Continuing Students
- Complete the registration process.
- Bring a valid photo identification with you, examples include your driver's license, state ID, military ID, or passport.
HPU Faculty and Staff
- Visit the Human Resources office to fill out the new hire forms and get your picture taken.
- Your supervisor or head of your department will issue your ID card when its processed (approximately 2-3 days).
Military Campus Programs Students
- Students at any military campus may go to either of the processing locations below to obtain an HPU ID card.
- If a student registered at a military campus is unable to visit one of these processing locations, he/she can submit a photo to the MCP office (upon approval) to receive a HPU ID card.
Replacement ID Cards
The replacement fee for lost, stolen or damaged cards is $15.00.
ID Card Processing Schedule and Location.
The schedule varies throughout the year. There are two processing locations for the HPU ID card. One is located in the Registrar's Office located at the Downtown Campus (UB Building, Suite 216). The second location is in the Educational Technology Center located on the Hawai‘i Loa Campus (AC Building, 3rd floor).