State of Hawai‘i Health Clearance Requirements
Complete the Health Clearance Form, obtain the required signatures, and send to the Registrar's Office. Please refer to these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for assistance.
To get a TB test and/or measles immunization near the downtown campus, click HERE.
Measles immunization may be waived if:
- Student is born before 1957 (provide proof of birth date)
- Physician had confirmed diagnosis in the past or serologic evidence of immunity is presented (provide written statement from your physician; statement must be signed and written on official stationery).
Note: First-time international students may have their measles (MMR) immunizations taken in their home country.
Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance
International students and U.S. citizens living overseas must complete the Tuberculin Skin Test immediately upon entry into the U.S. TB certification issued outside of the U.S. cannot be accepted by the University.
UPDATE: The State of Hawai`i Department of Health has reinstated TB testing services. TB testing will be available starting Monday, July 15, 2013. For more information about the TB reinstatement, please click here.
For a listing of temporary expanded TB testing clinics and hours of operation, please click here.
A TB clearance may also be obtained from any of the following:
- A U.S. physician; refer to your health insurance plan.
- Kalihi-Palama Health Center (KPHC) - Downtown Location
- Kaiser Permanante Honolulu Clinic
- TB Clinic at Lanakila Health Center (Please click here for information about parking at Lanakila Health Center.)