MCP Student Information

MCP Spouse Scholarship

The Military Spouse Scholarship was created to support Military Spouses allowing a 25% tuition reduction. The scholarship is available to spouses of service members who take courses in HPU’s Military Campus Programs 10 week terms.

Our commitment to servicemembers and their families runs deep at Hawai‘i Pacific University. It’s why we’re known as one of America’s leading “military-friendly” universities, recognized as such by the Council of College and Military Educators, Military Advanced Education magazine and GI Jobs, among others. It’s the motivation behind the development of a specific scholarship to support military spouses with their educational and professional goals.    

For detailed information, please view the Military Spouse Scholarship BROCHURE.

The new Spouse Scholarship Application is available here

The last day to submit the Spouse Scholarship Application coincides with the last day of registration for the term in which you are applying. Please refer to the Schedule of Courses for more information.

Please contact Jason Morgan at (808) 544-1179 or, with any questions concerning the New Spouse Scholarship.

In addition to the HPU Military Spouse Scholarship program, active duty military spouses can visit Military OneSource for detailed information about MyCAA and other scholarship opportunities.


How do I qualify for the New Spouse Scholarship?
  1. Applicants MUST be formally accepted as degree-seeking students with HPU
  2. Spouses must possess a VALID & CURRENT “United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card”
Note: Spouses with delegated Post 9/11 education benefits less than 100% are also eligible to receive the scholarship.

What does the New Spouse Scholarship cover?
The New Spouse Scholarship is a 25% reduction of tuition for any class offered through Military Campus Programs.

What degree programs does this scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers ANY course offered through Military Campus Programs – in other words, if you take the course on base or via MCP’s online program the scholarship can apply.

Can Spouses use both MyCAA and the New Spouse Scholarship?
Yes – However any MyCAA funds will be applied to tuition BEFORE the Spouse Scholarship.

How is the scholarship credited to accounts for Spouses with delegated Post 9/11 benefits?
The Spouse Scholarship is applied to the total tuition balance before the student’s courses are certified for Post 9/11 Education Benefits.

What is the deadline for Spouse Scholarship submission?
Spouse Scholarship applications must be submitted BEFORE the last day of registration.

Who is NOT eligible to receive the MCP Spouse Scholarship?

  • All Hawaii Pacific University employees and/or family members who are also eligible to receive benefits under the University Tuition Benefit Plan
  • Any spouse who is eligible to receive military tuition assistance or has non-delegated VA Education Benefits
  • This scholarship does not apply to courses taken through the University’s Main Campus terms (Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter)

 How do spouses prove eligibility if not residing on Oahu?
Spouses living outside of Oahu or are unable to visit an MCP office should contact a military personnel center, their Education Center, or other military official (grade E-7 or above) for a statement indicating the student is an eligible military spouse.

The statement must include the following information:

  • Spouse’s Name
  • HPU Student Identification Number
  • The expiration date posted on the spouse’s United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege card
  • The certifying official’s  name (printed)
  • Rank
  • Verifying official’s signature

Scan/fax/mail the document to:

The spouse will need to resubmit the scholarship application each term. The certification of eligibility will remain on file for use through the eligibility date on the card or the military sponsor leaves the service and the spouse no longer possesses a valid United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege card. Eligibility for the Spouse Scholarship ends upon expiration or revocation of the United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege card.

Contact Information for the Spouse Scholarship?
Eligible spouses can contact any Military Campus Programs advisor or staff member for information on the Military Spouse Scholarship.

JB Hickam: 543-8055
JB Pearl Harbor: 687-7082
MCBH, Kaneohe: 544-9313
MCBH Camp Smith: 544-9318
Schofield Barracks: 687-7093
Tripler: 544-1493

MCP Graduate Programs: 687-7070
Off-Island/Online Spouses should contact the MCP Off-Island advisors at:
(808) 687-7072 or email them at: