What is SFX?
Please Note: this page will be renamed "SFX" late May 2012. Its new URL will be http://www.hpu.edu/Libraries_HPU/Webpages/SFX.html
SFX linking technology will speed up your research and increase its effectiveness!
SFX serves both as the Libraries' Periodicals List and as its link resolver. Use the Periodicals list to search or browse for an academic journal. When you see the SFX icon in an online database, select it to view full-text options.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Can I use SFX from off campus?
Yes, current students, faculty, and staff of Hawaii Pacific University can use it from home.
- Set your browswer to accept cookies.
- Make sure your web browser is also configured to allow pop-ups.
- Why does the SFX menu sometimes show multiple links to the full text article?
Our electronic journal holdings overlap in some places, so we may be able to offer the article to you from more than one source. The content will be the same regardless of which vendor provides it.
- Full text is not always available. Why not?
The option to link to full text appears only when our Library owns that item. The HPU Libraries do not subscribe to all journal titles, and not all titles are available online.
- I have a complete citation, but SFX only takes me to the journal's homepage or its table of contents. Shouldn't the link take me directly to the article?
The journal publisher controls whether we are able to link directly to the article. Many libraries are asking publishers to provide direct access to their articles. In the meantime, you may have to navigate through the publisher's web site to get to the article you're looking for. Because the database record is still visible in its own window, it is easy to see what volume and issue is needed.
- I get a blank page, a "bad URL", an "Error 404", or some other "not found" message. Why?
It's possible that the publisher may not yet have loaded the full text yet or there is an internal linking problem. If you encounter problems, we'd appreciate your feedback.
- What if my article is not available online or in our library's collection?
You may choose to request this item through Interlibrary Loan Services.
Add these addresses to your configuration file as safe or trusted sites:
If you can't resolve an access problem with SFX linking, please report it. We rely on your feedback to improve library services. Be as SPECIFIC as possible when contacting us...
- What is the name of the database or vendor that was supplying the full text article? (Academic Search Premier, ScienceDirect, Ingenta, etc.)
- What are the citation details? Journal title, article title, volume, issue, etc.
- What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- Was there an error message? What did it say?
- What kind of operating system are you using? (Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS X)