Five Individual Study Rooms are available for use at Atherton Library.
Go to the Circulation Services Desk.
Sign in and present a valid HPU UniCard.
Library staff will assign a study room to you.
When finished using the room, return to the Circulation Services Desk to sign out.
- Use is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- A maximum time limit of two (2) hours is enforced if there is a demand for the rooms.
- Maximum capacity for the Individual Study Rooms is one person.
- Dry snacks and covered drinks only. Please enjoy your meals outside of the library.
- Users are responsible for any physical damage to the room or its contents and are subject to the University Libraries Rules of Conduct.
- Library staff reserves the right to terminate room use at any time.
The Meader Library study rooms are available to students for work on group projects, class review sessions, and other group studying purposes. While the primary purpose of these rooms is for student use, they are also available to Library staff for meetings, seminars, and workshops.
Reservations can be made:
- In person: Please see the Circulation Services Desk on the 3rd floor.
- By phone: (808) 544-0210.
- By e-mail: email@example.com
AVAILABLE STUDY ROOMS:
|Max People||White Board||VDI||TV/ VHS/ BluRay|
|2nd Floor Rooms|
|3rd Floor Rooms|
If you would like to book a Study Room, or if your group is signing in on the day of a reservation, you can go to the Circulation Services Desk on the 3rd floor. Library staff will ask for one group member’s valid HPU ID card. When you have finished using the room, you can return to the Circulation desk to sign out and retrieve your ID card.
All study rooms are equipped with whiteboards. Markers and erasers are available at the Circulation Services Desk. All rooms have wireless Internet access.
- Groups are defined as consisting of 2 or more people.
- If an individual needs to use a study room (for the purposes of a quiet space to practice a presentation, conduct a conference call, etc.) this is allowed, as long as the individual understands and accepts that groups have priority and that, if a group should need the room, the individual will need to vacate. Please check with the Circulation Services Desk to request a room.
- Use of study rooms is by reservation only.
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- A reservation will be held for 15 minutes; if the reserving group has not shown up by that time, the reservation will be cancelled and the room made available for other users.
- An initial reservation can be made for a maximum of two hours; if after the initial period is over no other reservation for the room has been made, an extension can be granted. Please check with the Circulation Services Desk to request an extension.
- In order to accommodate as many students of HPU as possible, study room reservations are limited to one reservation per group per day. Continuous or multiple group reservations made by different members of the same group deprive other students of access to study rooms and are not permitted.
- Please be aware that the individual making the room reservation will be responsible for any physical damage to the room or its contents.
- All individuals are expected to return furniture to its original location prior to vacating the room.
- Food and beverage policies for each Library floor apply to that floor’s study rooms as well. Please check with a Library staff person if you have any questions regarding a particular floor’s food policy. Please also clean up after yourself or your group before leaving the study rooms.
- The study rooms are intended for academic purposes and course work or study; as such, meetings of student clubs and organizations are not permitted. Clubs and organizations are encouraged to contact the Student Life Office for help in locating meeting places.
- Priority use for a study room is given to groups of two or more HPU students. Faculty may utilize the rooms for student study groups or projects if other accommodations are unavailable. Faculty are encouraged to contact Institutional Research and Academic Support for help locating meeting places.
- All individuals using the study rooms are subject to the University Libraries Rules of Conduct.
- Library staff reserve the right to cancel a reservation at any time.
Note: These policies and procedures are subject to change without prior notification. The complete Study Rooms Policy is here.
July 2014 LS