Library Database Trials
The PBS Video Collection (http://search.alexanderstreet.com/pbsv) provides online access to hundreds of documentaries and films from PBS. The collection covers a wide range of subject matter that is appropriate for the study of history, science, business, technology, performing arts, anthropology, psychology, politics, health, and literature.
Take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3LNBNDS
- 24/7 access from anywhere
- Transcripts for most videos
- Embed or share link to videos
- The ability to make clips
- Multi-Language support
The trials runs through April 30 and is limited to the HPU community. For off-campus access, please email the Media Resources Librarian, Jerome A. Nicolas at email@example.com for the username and password.
Database Trial Guidelines:
Database trials allow the HPU community to access subscription databases to critically review their content, functionality and overall use.
Trials are arranged by the Library at the initiative of librarians or by requests from the HPU community. Faculty, staff and students should coordinate with the appropriate librarian subject specialist in requesting database trials. A complete listing of librarians and their subjects is available here.
• Trials not arranged by the Library will not be posted on the Library Database Trials’ page and will not be considered for acquisition.
• Although faculty, staff and student input is welcome and encouraged, the final responsibility for database selection rests with the Libraries’ Director.
Please contact Leo Scott, Electronic Resources Librarian, if you have questions, comments or suggestions for improvement.