The University Libraries are not open to the general public. However, Hawai'i State residents may purchase a Community Card. Proof of Hawai'i State residency is required.
COMMUNITY CARD FEE:
The annual fee is $160.00 per calendar year. Fees are not pro-rated. Cards are non-transferable and non-refundable. Please see the Community Card Policy and Registration Form.
COMMUNITY CARD PRIVILEGES:
- On-site use of the library collections. Users are expected to follow the University Libraries Conduct Policy.
- Borrowing of one book at a time for a single check-out period of 28 days. The Libraries' online catalog may be used. McNaughton Collection books are excluded.
- Community Card must be accompanied by a valid picture identification (i.e., current Hawaii State driver’s license, current Hawaii State identification, current passport).
- Overdue fees are incurred at $.50/day.
- Lost book charges apply for non-returned materials.
A Community Card does not include:
- Use of computer equipment
- Online services
- Interlibrary loan & document delivery services
- Computer database search services
- Use of study rooms/carrels
- Use of Audio Visual materials.
HPU ALUMNI PRIVILEGES:
An HPU Alumni is defined as a person who has graduated from an HPU program.
- All HPU Alumni who make a minimum tax-deductible donation of $100.00/year to HPU will be granted a free community card for the corresponding calendar year.
- Community cards must be picked up in person at either Libraries’ Circulation Services Desk.
- All of the above Community Card privileges and restrictions apply.
The University Libraries reserve the right to not issue cards, and the right to recall a community card.