Circulation Services for Faculty
Contact Information for Circulation Services:
1060 Bishop St., 2nd Floor
Hawai'i Loa campus:
3rd Floor of the Cooke Academic Center
The HPU Faculty and Staff UniCard serves as your library card. Please refer to the "Your University ID Card" page if you need information about getting your card.
The HPU Libraries have expanded faculty circulating book borrowing privileges for a loan period of one semester. Circulating Materials Policy
- All circulating books borrowed during a semester will be due back on the same date at the end of that semester regardless of when the books were borrowed.
- Reference books are non-circulating.
- Loan periods start the first date of term and end the last day of term.
There are no renewals permitted for faculty.
Books must be physically returned to Atherton or Meader Libraries by the end of the semester. They will be returned to the circulating collection and reshelved.
Extended Loan Conditions
The Learning Resources Committee, comprised of faculty representatives, agreed to the following conditions:
- Due to the length of the loan period, faculty must be responsive to recall requests.
- Faculty will receive written notification requesting the return of the book within two weeks.
- In the event that the book is not returned, a second notice will be sent to the faculty member AND a copy will be forwarded to the appropriate Dean.
- Faculty are not charged overdue fines. A reminder notice is sent to faculty who have not returned books after their due date.
- Faculty must return all borrowed library books at the time they leave employment with the University.
- Faculty will be charged the replacement value of the book(s), plus a library processing fee if books are not returned at the time they leave employment with the University.
- Faculty will be charged the standard replacement and processing charges, as established by the University Libraries' administration, if books are lost or damaged.
Book Delivery Service:
Book Delivery Request Form
Transfers books between Meader Library, on the downtown campus, and Atherton Library, on the Hawai'i Loa campus (you'll specify which)
Transfers books from the University Libraries to the Oceanic Institute.