Circulation Services, Hawaii Pacific University Libraries
1060 Bishop St., 3rd Floor
Policy: HPU faculty, staff and students may borrow circulating materials from the University Libraries upon presentation of a valid HPU ID card (UniCard). All patrons are subject to the Circulating Materials Policies of the HPU Libraries and are responsible for the materials borrowed from the University Libraries until they are returned. Patrons are also responsible for any fines and fees incurred for late, lost, or damaged materials. Reference books are non-circulating.
Borrowing Books -- Loan Periods, Renewals, Recalls: Loan and renewal periods vary based on patron status (see table, below). Up to ten (10) items may be borrowed per patron, per day.
# of Renewals
|Undergraduate||28 days||14 days||2|
|Graduate (incl. WMBA)||28 days||28 days||2|
|Military Campus Programs||32 days||28 days||2|
|PEP and GEP2||14 days||14 days||1|
|Staff||28 days||28 days||2|
1Regardless of due date, all materials are due by the last day of the current semester or term.
2Up to five (5) items may be borrowed per patron. Due date will be 28 days or last day of current session, whichever is shorter. PEP and GEP students may only borrow from the EFP collection unless the student has been conditionally admitted to HPU. A letter of proof is required.
Renewing Books: Renewals are not automatic or guaranteed and should be requested at least 24 hours in advance. Patrons are allowed a maximum of two (2) renewals for each book borrowed; PEP and GEP patrons are allowed one (1) renewal. A renewal may not be possible if the book has been requested by another borrower. Renewals are based on the following conditions:
- Your library account is in good standing.
- You have not exceeded the renewal limit.
- No holds are placed on the books you want to renew.
- The books are not overdue.
- Online: Log on to the Libraries' catalog and select "My Account." This does require a PIN, which you may activate by visiting the Circulation Desk in person or by phoning 544-0210. PINs are only good for the current semester; they must be renewed with your current registration every semester. Please see Online Circulation Services: 'My Library Account' for more information.
- In-Person Renewal: Bring your valid HPU UniCard to the circulation services desk and let the library staff know which book title(s) you would like to renew.
- Telephone Renewal: Call 544-0210 during the library's hours of operation. You will need to provide your full name and the 8-digit number from your UniCard. Let the library staff know which book title(s) you would like to renew.
Returning Books: When the library is open, return books by placing them into the book drop slot at the Circulation Services Desk at either library. To avoid an overdue charge, an after hours "book drop box" is located at the main entrance to both Atherton and Meader Libraries.
Fees and Fines3: All patrons are responsible for the materials borrowed from the University Libraries until the materials are returned. They are also responsible for any charges incurred for late, lost, or damaged library materials.
|Circulating Books||$0.25 per day/per item (up to a maximum of $5.00 per item)|
|Reference Books||$5.00 per hour/per item|
|Reserve Materials||$3.00 per day/per item for unauthorized removal|
The library sends overdue notices on the 7th, 14th, and 21st days after the due date. These notices are a courtesy and failure to receive such notice will not be considered grounds for the cancellation of fines. Items more than three (3) weeks overdue are considered lost and replacement fees will be assessed.
- 3For Interlibrary Loan materials, please see the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Policy.
Lost or Damaged Materials:
and other non-print materials
EFP and McNaughton
*To include, but not limited to: Computer, Management, Nursing, Science, and Technology books.
**The University Libraries reserve the right to adjust costs higher to reflect actual replacement cost.
Found and Returned: If lost items are found and returned after payment, the cost will be refunded minus the processing fee if the following criteria are met:
- Not more than six (6) months have passed since the fees were paid.
- The lost item has not been replaced by the library.
- The lost item is in acceptable condition.
Replacement Copies: Patrons must inquire with Circulation Services to replace lost or damaged materials before replacement fees are applied to their university account. The replacement copy must be an exact copy of the lost book. Patrons who select this option must accept the risk of the replacement book being rejected by the library. Contact Circulation Services before purchasing the replacement copy to find out whether you are eligible for this option and to get exact publication details. The final decision on the acceptability of an item is at the sole discretion of the library.
Replacement copies must be approved by a librarian and meet the following criteria:
- Same edition
- Same ISBN number
- Same publisher
- Same publication year
- Same or similar number of pages, including maps, illustrations, etc.
- In new or very good condition. Books cannot be stamped “Used” or have any labels, stamps or markings indicating it was once owned by another library.
Processing Fee: If a replacement copy is accepted the patron will be charged the $10.00 processing fee only. Once the replacement copy is accepted, it becomes the property of the HPU Libraries and cannot be returned to the patron even if the Libraries’ copy is found at a later date.
Internal Circulation Procedures: Upon inquiry, circulation staff may provide patrons with the lost/damaged materials’ ISBN number. The initial decision to accept or reject a patron’s replacement copy resides with the circulation staff and will be based on criteria including the replacement copy’s physical condition, edition/year, and paperback/hardback cover. Final decision on the acceptability of an item resides with the subject librarian and/or the Library Administration.
- Library blocks will automatically take effect, suspending further circulation transactions, under the following conditions:
- Unauthorized removal of materials
- Overdue materials
- Outstanding fines/fees
Blocks will be lifted after all overdue materials are returned and fines/fees paid.
More Circulation Services:
This page was last updated June 13, 2013 LS