When was the last time you visited Atherton Library at HPU's Hawai'i Loa campus? With a panoramic view of the majestic Ko'olau Mountains, Atherton combines an unforgettable setting with a comfortable yet academic atmosphere. Don't let that pleasant exterior fool you; Atherton has much to offer every student at HPU.
Space to Study
On a campus where study-space can be at a premium, Atherton offers a number of options:
- For groups who want to quietly confer on course-work, tables accommodate several people.
- For those who wish to study alone, carrels allow semi-privacy.
- Need isolation to get that paper done? Individual study rooms provide peaceful quiet.
Atherton Library houses an extensive collection of books and periodicals, carefully chosen to fill the needs of HPU's diverse student population.
- In addition to a large pre-medical/nursing collection, Atherton has books on the Humanities, Sciences, and Business.
- Atherton contains the HPU Hawaiiana Collection--books and resources from and about Hawai'i and the Pacific area.
- The reserves collection has class materials provided by instructors. Come in and see if your instructors have something for you! If not, encourage them to think about it.
- Our periodicals collection is both scholarly and mainstream, featuring periodicals in a variety of areas--whether you are looking for a refereed journal, or something to read while waiting for class, we can provide it.
If it's technology you're looking for, Atherton has many PC work stations for your use.
Do You Have Questions?
Want to learn to use an online database? Need a book? Our friendly and knowledgeable Reference staff is eager to help you find what you need to succeed at HPU. Don't be shy, that's why we're here!